Caring for your stainless steel sink
OK, we agree, everything scratches, including stainless steel. However, with quality stainless steel these usage scratches will develop into a uniform finish over time.
Like fine cutlery, you don't have to pamper your stainless steel sink.
- Rinse thoroughly after each use, rubbing the cleaned area with a sponge.
- Towel dry after each use to prevent mineral deposits in the water from building up on the surface of the sink.
- Clean the sink once a week, being sure to rub in the direction of the satin finish lines using an Oliveri recommended cleanser.
- Don't allow liquid soap or cleanser to dry on the surface of the sink as most brands contain chemicals that can affect the high luster of the sink.
- Don't leave solutions of chlorine bleach or chlorides found in many dishwasher soap products, standing in your sink for long periods of time, as this could damage the surface of the sink.
- Don't use a steel wool pad to clean your sink. If a more abrasive product is needed, use a liquid cleanser being sure to rub in the direction of the satin finish lines. Steel wool pads will leave small particles of steel embedded in the surface of the sink that will rust and give the appearance that the sink itself is rusting.
- If you use a rubber mat or basin protector while washing dishes, remember to remove them after each use. Bacteria can grow under these protectors if allowed to remain in the basin.
- Don't leave bars of soap, wet sponges or cleaning pads on the faucet ledge. These items over time will dull and possibly pit the surface of the finish.
- Don't leave fruits or juices on the sink; wipe them up immediately as they contain citric acids which over time can etch the surface.
Register to download a complete set of specification sheets via email.
Under its policy of ongoing product development, Tasman Sinkware may from time to time change product specification without notice. WARNING: Products on this site and all literature pertaining to, are subject to Intellectual Property Protection. All dimensions given are approximate and should be checked prior to installation. Product colour reproduction is as near to actual as methods allow.